A STRONGER ECONOMY
America is seeing the positive results! With record stock market peaks, American workers are optimistic and feel confident about the country’s direction.
- Results matter – The Dow saw the biggest annual points gain in history in 2017 when it rose 5,000 points in just one year. CNBC Markets, December 2017. Continue reading:https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/18/dow-rises-5000-points-in-a-year-for-the-first-time-ever.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain
- Americans’ confidence in the economy is up 16 points after President Trump’s first year in office. Republicans’ confidence in the economy saw a record 77-point improvement following the 2016 election.Gallup Polls, January 2018. Continue reading:https://news.gallup.com/poll/224822/americans-economic-confidence-positive-2017.aspx
JOBS AND GROWTH
With some of the lowest unemployment rates in recent years, the job market is growing stronger by the day.
- Americans are back to work! There are more job openings than unemployed people to fill them for the first time on record.S. Department of Labor, June 2018.Continue reading:https://www.dol.gov/newsroom/releases/osec/osec20180605
- The unemployment rate in May 2018 reached the lowest in eighteen years.The Wall Street Journal, June 2018. Continue reading:https://www.wsj.com/articles/unemployment-rate-falls-to-18-year-low-solid-hiring-in-may-1527856298
- Want a job? The U.S. added 213,000 jobs in June, exceeding projected estimates.2018 job numbers continue to surpass the 2017 averages. The Wall Street Journal, July 2018.Continue reading: https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/june-2018-jobs-report-analysis
Companies are excited to invest in American resources and workers! The Administration’s tax cuts have led to increased profits for American businesses — putting money back in the pockets of American workers.
- JSW Steel USA announced a half million-dollar investment in a dormant Ohio steel plant, crediting the Trump Administration tax reform and tariffs on imported steel.Fox Business, June 2018 Continue Reading: https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/steel-maker-jsw-to-build-new-plant-invest-500m-after-trump-tariffs
- Exxon Mobil announced 50 billion in new US investments over the next 5 years, crediting the Trump Administration’s historic tax reform. CNBC, January 2018. Continue reading:https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/29/exxon-mobil-to-invest-50-billion-in-us-over-5-years-citing-tax-reform.html
- Mazda and Toyota announced plans to build a joint 1.6 billion dollar plant in the U.S. rather than Mexico. This is estimated to create approximately 4,000 jobs by 2021. CNN Money, August 2017. Continue reading: http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/04/news/economy/mazda-toyota-jobs-factory-trump/index.html
- As of March 2018, nearly fifty S&P 500 companies have announced bonuses, pay increases, or both for employees using their tax savings. Among the list: AT&T, Bank of America Corporation, Comcast Corporation, Disney, Fed-Ex, Home Depot, JP Morgan, Lowe’s and Walmart. CNBC, January 2018.Continue reading: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/26/us-companies-that-have-announced-bonuses-investments-after-tax-cut.html